Thursday 6 September 2007

Casanova? I think not

Question: why is it that, no matter how many handsome, sexy gay men you sleep with, it is only when you have bedded a straight guy - no matter how much of a complete loser he is - that you can truly be considered a bona fide stud?

My housemate Garv - who rates sleeping with married men as one of his favourite hobbies - regularly meets up with rotund, balding men in their fifties to have clandestine quickies in the back of his Smart car. He - rather smugly, I may add - considers himself a legitimate Lothario and has often turned his nose up at the slim, young men that I've dated in the past.

Without meaning to sound arrogant, I have dated my fair share of hotties over the years, yet Garv often regards my sex life with a distinct sense of superiority. His "magic number" is almost treble mine, therefore he regards himself as the house Romeo, without the merest trace of irony. Despite my frigid shackles (from which I am attempting to break free) my own magic number is (just) in double figures, yet Garv has affectionately - I think - nicknamed me "The Virgin."

So, what I'm wondering is this: when it comes to being an authentic Casanova, is is quality or quantity that really matters?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, i think your blog is hysterical! Your August entries about Gaydar had me in stitches, especially 'Itallian Stallion' and 'To Boldly Go'!

They're disturbingly reminiscent of my own tragic experiences....!

Anonymous said...

I'd kinda hope that quality would come with quantity. Well following closely behind at the very least.
Is it perhaps that your friend is a little over competitive, straight guys would boast about the lesbians they have "converted", maybe to him it's just an ego boost that straight guys want him. Personally the younger better looking guys seem like a more attractive idea. But I've never claimed to be anything but tragically superficial.

Sir Wobin said...

I have moods; sometimes quantity, sometimes quality. You're not doing this to impress Garv (are you?) so sod him (have you?) and his competitiveness.

Love the blog mate! :-)

Monty said...

Go for quality mate! The quantity will come with time, but don't lower your standards just because your flatmate has none! Love your blog!!!

Sideon said...

There's something to be said about dating, sex, and availability. The straight, middle-aged balding guys in the back seat of a car? I'm sorry, but that's not so much "conquest" as it is pathetic - and all too easy. Closeted straight guys will do anyone.

Finding someone you click with and want to spend time with, in and out of bed? That's priceless and well worth ANY moniker of "Virgin." Good luck to your house mate. I won't wish you good luck - I think you're on the right track.

Thanks for stopping by my blog, by the way - I'll be reading more of your stuff when I get home.